Thursday, November 03, 2022

Wednesday and BCNN

A fun day. Julie picked me up at 9:00 and we went to the BCNN meeting at the yacht club. I was pleased to again see Bernice, whom I had met there before. I was also pleased to realize Connie Korenstein was doing the program. I had just seen her at the Dudley House thing and yesterday, she did a presentation on hats. Here she is at the podium, explaining the "herstory" of women's hats, and some of the ones she owns:


Unfortunately, the one I took of Connie and her two helpers went to video and the still I got from it is blurry, but here it is:
That's Connie in the middle.

After, we went to the Boathouse Pub for lunch and I had a good time talking to, and getting to know, a woman named "El" (for Eleanor), as well as others. Didn't get home until after 2:00 and just did this and that after taking a short nap. 

Talked to Sheri and she asked me 1.) if I'd serve on the Dudley House board of trustees (I said I'd think about it); and 2.) if I'd represent Dudley (along with others) at the historic Olives Adobe open house on November thirteenth (I agreed). Finally, at long last, I was able to send Shannon three of my scripts. Sent the pictures above to Connie and she was glad to get them.

By the way, I know somebody who impersonated a lion for Halloween, so for her, am adding this of my great nephew and his family, obviously all of the leonine persuasion, too.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

I'd love to hear a program on hats...wish we still wore them.

An entire family of cats is just the best. I didn't have paws. His sweater is great too.

Mimi said...

But your mane was the best!

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...