Monday, November 28, 2022

Such A Nice Sunday

It rained, now a novelty for me, but it held off until about 11:00, which was good, as the daily walk was a good one. Went just a shade less than four miles, some of it in the woods. 

My friend, LaVonne, called. Although I had mentioned it, she didn't realize I was in Jersey. She said her daughter, Regina, had just had knee surgery--no picnic, but she's recovering. 

What with the rain, much of the rest of the day entailed lolling around and tidying up, but with several hands of gin rummy included. Company--my niece and her husband--came about 8:00. They were on their way back to Florida after Thanksgiving at their son's place in Brooklyn. (Joan is my older sister's daughter and it blows my mind to know she's now seventy. Geez, I can hardly believe I'm seventy.) We had such an enjoyable time catching up, and they didn't leave until after 10:00, late for me. 

Today, it's down to Ventnor, my old stomping grounds.


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...