Thursday, November 24, 2022

"Warm"* Wednesday

 Damn, I've been so busy I'm starting to lose track of the blog, but on Wednesday...

...lots of food prep, including the making of cranberry sauce, baked carrots, and roasting the turkey. All this is done the day before, then heated up anew the day of. This is a great idea, seems to me, so it isn't so frantic, as it would be if all had to be done on Turkey Day.

After lunch, it was off to Seaside Park to walk, first next to the bay, then on the boardwalk. It's a lovely place and oh, joy, it was downright balmy, with a high of 56. Walked about three miles, then home to prepare for dinner.

Had some phone visits at various times in the day from Suzanne, Vickie, Diane, Ellen, and Florida brother, Larry. He'll have THIRTY for dinner today--at his house, but entirely prepared by daughters, sons, grands, and great-grands. Hey, more power to him. He invited me for his annual Christmas gathering, December 9 to 11, but I doubt if I'll go. I'll consider visiting him sometime after the turn of the year. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all! 🦃

* That is, what passes for warm here! 😁

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...