Thursday, November 10, 2022

Wednesday

When I got to WinCo with Suzanne, I horrified to see that a single head of cauliflower was five dollars. That's just incredible, but, addict that I am, I bought it anyway. Driving home, Suzanne told me about the Mormon site "familysearch.org." She asked me in after we put our goods away and showed me the website, with many of her ancestors listed. That ignited my interest in my heritage and I showed her the binder my cousin had put together on the Irish side, which purports to show our list our direct descent from Adam. It's funny in a lot of ways and incomplete in others--fun to read, but very dated; it ends in 1968, which means the last 54 years isn't covered. I called my cousin in Cincinnati, Marifran, and got some info from her. Haven't yet looked at the Mormon site, but will. Emailed my friend, Pat, about Muckie and heard back from her.

Packed lunch and bused to the library in town. I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I've started watching The Watcher on Netflix.  It's fiction, but "inspired" by the John List murders in Westfield, NJ, which happened in 1960. He murdered his mother, wife, and three teenaged children, then went missing for something like 18 years. Was finally apprehended after his case was on America's Most Wanted. I had been fascinated by these murders (I'm a fan of true-life murder) and read the book about it ten or twelve years ago. That's why I requested it at the library. Picked it up, ate across from the mission, then bused home. 

Stopped at Vickie's to get the latest on Mary and we chatted. When I got home, I made refried beans and, boy, they're good--so much better than what you order in a restaurant. I also diced three onions and did a few other food prep chores.

The GOOD news is: My little pat, Laptoppy, has recovered! I ran the cleaner, it said it wanted to re-start, I let it, and happy day! 

Lunch today with Diane at Urbane CafĂ©. 

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I can well understand your worry about Jim. What a relief when U saw him coming up the walk. I was getting nervous reading the beginning of the post.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...