Monday, November 07, 2022

Sunday

The crossword was absorbing, but tough; I got about ninety percent. Set up my meds for the next six weeks. Called Carolyn and we chatted. She asked me to send her the letter from my father to my sister, so I scanned and did. I called niece Joan and told her it was actually Jim who had sent me the copy; she said she realized it wasn't her after we talked and she'll look for the original. I sent her the scan, too.*

Diane emailed me, asking if I could meet at the Urbane CafĂ© on Thursday. Sure, so I'll be at the Soaring Spirits lunch today, the woman's club tomorrow, with Diane on Thursday, at Ellen's on Saturday, and at Olivas Adobe on Sunday. Think I'll ask Jim for lunch on Friday, so that leaves only Wednesday unscheduled. Hmm...maybe that's a good thing.  

Walked to Ralph's and got a 12-can of IPA. Also saw these cute little glass wine holders--with wine in that, that is. They were on sale, so I bought some; will give one to Diane along with some tops when I see her on Thursday. Stopped at the bank to get some cash; I almost never use it, but like to have some on hand.

On my way home, I remembered that my gal, Maria, works on Sundays, so stopped into Great Clips and got a trim. Looks good. 

Darn, I had been sleeping so well lately, but this morning, I woke at one something for the usual, may have dozed until three something, but now it's 4:45 and I'm up. Maybe I can take a nap later, before or after lunch with S.S. PLUS, I went to change the time on the clock in my dining area and now it doesn't work. Changed the batteries, but it still doesn't. Woe is me. 


On a cheerier note, I saw this in the parking area yesterday: 

*It occurred to me that it's possible my mother or my father himself had the letter copied years ago--or that my sister did, since the copy is so poor. I can imagine that Daddy sent it to Gene, but first copied it for Mom. Alternatively, Gene may have done it. What's a little depressing to realize is that, in the family, only Larry and I are still able to remember 1943--sigh... 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...