Sunday, November 06, 2022

Saturday

Went to Von's to get a few items and saw Suzanne on her way out. We chatted a bit and I expressed concern at our neighbor, Patrick's, odd behavior. I'll see if I can find his son and family; I know they live in Ventura. While I was at Von's, Julie called to say 1.) that she'll take me to the Soaring Spirits lunch tomorrow and 2.) would I like to go to the Ventura Women's club meeting and lunchon on Tuesday? Yes and yes, so the week is shaping up.

Jim here at 12:30. When I cautiously asked him about his evaluation, he didn't want to talk about it, which didn't surprise me. I served the creamy egg salad I mentioned before and boy, was that good on sour dough bread. We sat on the couch and talked after. I gave him the info on a Parkinson's support group nearby and he actually said he was interested. He can't go this Tuesday, though, because he has class; maybe next week.

I had stopped into Great Clips (next to Von's) to see when my favored hairdresser, Maria, is in. She is today, so I may go over after breakfast and get a trim. Or may not. 

Happy day: I was sure the time change would screw up my sleeping, but it didn't. Woke up at 5:00, which is fine by me.   

Re the 1943 letter from my father to my older sister: Still bemused that neice Joan should ask for it back, as it's a copy, I looked on this blog and found that a few years ago, my brother, Jim, had sent me letters to and from my father. I mentioned "a letter to my sister, Gene, when she was 19." Surely, that's the letter Joan mentioned; she didn't send it to me, he did. Trying to again find that blog entry.

Found it! From April 19, 2017:

"Got home and opened a packet I got from my brother, Jim. It had in it copies of a letter my father wrote to my older sister, Gene, in 1943, when she was 19; an account by Gene of her bout with melanoma almost fifty years later; the letter (original) my Uncle Tom sent my father in 1938 when the family farm in Roxborough was being sold..." .   

Cranky old lady note,appropo of nothing: I truly wonder about animal-lovers. It seems to me that, more and more, they attribute human charactaristics to the furry ones--dogs and cats, in particular, of course.  If a bow-wow bares its teeth, that's no smile, honey.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...