Sunday, November 13, 2022

Red Letter Saturday

I'm not sure where the expression came from (and no, I'm not going to look it up),  but it means a good one and that's what I had yesterday.

Got to Ellen's about noon and we sat and talked for a bit, one of those lovely little mother/daughter chats more and more precious to me. We then dug into her shed where she allows me to store a lot of my docent stuff. Got what I need for the Olivas Adobe thing today and piled it in the trunk, then went off to The Hip Vegan for lunch. We both had their burgers--non-meat, of course, but about the best I ever had. El had iced tea, I a seven-dollar beer, even more outrageous than Stone Fire Grille, but so what? We sat outside in the sunshine, I was with my dear girl, and it was delicious.

We went from there to the new age shop, which has lots of unusual and interesting stuff. El bought a birthday gift for her sis, which I'll bring to Jersey and I bought a sticker to put in  my window:


Then we sped off to Wal-Mart for items a lot more mundane. El came in for a few minutes, we talked, I walked her out, we embraced, and it was a fine day. 

Today, Sunday, should be good, too. Suzanne texted Vickie and me, with an invitation for one of our little social sessions, bringing our own drinks. She said 4:30, so I should be back from Olivas Adobe by then.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...