Thursday, October 20, 2022

Wednesday

Busy day. Finally, at long last, I got my CitiAAvantage card, activated it, and got my airline tickets. Sounds simple, right? It wasn't. It was a royal pain in the ass, involving several phone calls, misdirection, screaming on my part, and yada, yada, yada. I don't want to elaborate, but the end assumption is I'll be in Jersey toward the end of November. I say "assumption" because I'm convinced that one of those two flying horrors will go down in flames with me in it.

On that cheery note, I'll say that I got quite a bit done. After cleaning the filter of the new vacuum, I tried to reassemble two pieces, but just couldn't do it. I put them in my cart and caught a bus to All-Vac and the guy was nice enough to do it for me. Unfortunately, when I used it, there were two problems: 1. the wire leading to the plug is supposed to retract, but doesn't; 2. pushing it is like pushing a Mack truck. I may have the floor type indication set wrong; dunno, but I'm not going to spend much more time on it, especially since I found my Shark charger and that's ready to go.

It was really hot--high of 84 and not much breeze. That prompted me to pack my usual lunch, don my bathing suit, and go to the pool. There was one other person there--a young man about 30, who probably works from home--and he was sun-bathing. I stayed for an hour or so, eating my lunch, and reading my book. Tried the pool, but it was very cool, which should have felt good, but to me, it didn't. Instead, I turned the jets of the hot tub on and sat there for a bit. Home, showered, put in a wash, and turned to food prep.

Before I went out, I had prepared two pounds of carrots for the slow cooker; added quartered tangerines and cinnamon and let it go. I had ground turkey in the freezer, along with onions which I had small-diced.  Made meatballs and browned them, then added them and the onions, plus garlic to pasta sauce and simmered. I had a meatball, plus veggies for dinner and boy, was it good.  

Diane emailed me, asking if instead of meeting for lunch today at the Urbane CafĂ©, could I go to her place? Sure, no prob, since I need ink at Office Max and can just take the 11 there.  

I watered the patio flowers and trimmed a lot of the big geranium. Took a large load of trash and re-cycle newspapers to the receptacles and got my mail. By the time I finished, it almost 6:00 and time for dinner. 

Finally started an email to Shannon and attached two plays; didn't send it yet because I want to decide which others to include. Now my dilemma is--should I send some now to Angela, of Elite Theatre, or wait until I hear back from Shannon? I think the latter. I added to Shannon an emphasis: Whether she might want to stage my plays or not, that won't change our relationship on my end. For me, it's an honor and a privilege to be a member of Fractured Actors, one of the best things to happen to me since I moved here.

Now I just need to call the Airporter to take me to--and from--LAX next month. I have a credit with them because of the airline-caused fiasco the last time I went east. Let's hope things have improved.  

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...