Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Tuesday

I virtuously spend part of the morning cleaning in the kitchen, wiping down the counter tops, scouring the sinks, and washing down cannisters and so on. I went out to dump the trash and ran into Vickie and her friend, Kay, who lives here, too. Yes, Mary came though the surgery okay, but she started pulling all her tubes out--AAGH! She's also resisting physical therapy, another problem. Not sure how long she'll be in--or which rehab will be willing to take her. 

Finished up in the kitchen and that was enough of chores, so I packed my lunch, grabbed my cart, and took off for town. I found a nice sweater coat in graduated shades of green and, of course, had to buy it. Also bought a large Pyrex container, which will come in handy for this and that.

I had intended to have my lunch in a kind of mini-park next to the mission, but when I got to it, I wasn't sure there were any benches. Also, it's elevated--up several flights of stairs--and by that time, my cart was pretty heavy.  Third thing: Since it was Tuesday, there weren't many people in town and the little park is somewhat isolated, so I decided it might not be a good idea to stop there. Instead, I went across from the mission, where I often eat, and sat there.

I was glad I did, because while I was having lunch, someone greeted me by name. It was Terri S., who had been in my Acting for Amateurs class and is also treasurer of Beach Cities Neighbors and Newcomers. to which I belong. She reminded me that the BCNN Christmas diner is at the yacht club and reservations were being taken. I immediately gave her twenty-five bucks and asked her to check me in. It's incredible that Terri is 74 years old. I'm quite serious when I say I took her for--maybe 55, 60 at the most. Geez, what happened to me?

I was so pleased to get a PM from son Mike saying he'll be in Tokyo next month and will meet his brother and family for dinner. Can't wait to see the pictures! Mike will be in Sri Lanka for work next week--geez, when I was his age, it was a big deal for me to go to Philly. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...