Sunday, October 30, 2022

Saturday

Called Diane and told her, even though Jim didn't want to meet on Tuesday, I would. She was pleased about that and we decided we'd both get Urbane Cafe's "bowls"--I love the salmon bowl, which comes on a bed a rice and with a variety of other sides. We will, of course, bring our own libations (as Diane always calls them)--wine for her and beer for me.

Went to Von's in the morning for a variety, including a Viola "chicken ranch pasta mac and cheese," which may sound questionable, but was really yummy. Jim and I both liked it a lot. I added sour dough rolls and strawberry ice cream, plus wine and beer, of course. We sat after and I explained about the Cricket phone to the extent I could. I'll be glad to give him when I figure out how to take my info off. 

Re the wine: I had both the red cabernet and my cream sherry near each other in the fridge and, after Jim had left and I was cleaning up, I realized I had actually served him the latter with lunch. Since this is a semi-sweet dessert wine, I'm amazed he didn't remark on it. Called him and in his sadly confused way, he just said, "it was good." Whether he realized it wasn't a dry or not, who knows? Maybe an effect of Parkinson's is a deadening of the taste buds? Dunno.

I gave Jim the three large bottles of apple juice I had picked up for him and he gave me a check for three bucks to cover it. He left at 3:00, after which I worked on assembling some of my plays to send Shannon.  I took a short nap, after which I had a very light dinner. Watched bios of Ava Gardner (I've been at her grove in the small town in North Carolina where she grew up) and Loretta Young.* 

*Weight Note: I've been trying to figure a way to stop the insidious weight gain I've experienced lately--it's slight, but ominous, as I've been over my comfort zone of 125 to 130 for too long. What's the problem? I believe it's because of snacking at 8:15 or so when I sit down for my hour of T.V.  Analyzing the situation, I think my ever sneaky inner self tells me: "You've done a lot today, walked a good distance, and accomplished this, this, and that, so you deserve to indulge yourself. Come on, relax and reward yourself: follow that bowl of blueberries with the pretzels, the crackers, the chips...won't hurt." Pretty clearly, it does hurt, so last night, I didn't watch the aptly named boob tube at all. The bios were on the laptop and happy day, I went to bed about 10:00 (late for me) and didn't indulge at all. I feel good this morning and think I'll follow this new regimen indefinitely.  

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...