Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Tuesday

Nat King Cole and I are writing this--I do most of it the day before, which I think somebody else I know does, too. In other words, it's now 4:50 pm on Tuesday and Nat is giving me Mona Lisa in his unrivaled style. As for earlier, I puttered around with chores, did some computer stuff, and so on, and left for town about noon. I had, of course, packed my lunch. Main Street was very quiet, although the weather had gotten ideal: high of 72, lots of sun, and a light breeze. Stopped in a few shops, then at a grocery and bought spaghetti and a few cans of sauce. Think I'll make meatballs and give Jim Italian when he next comes for lunch.  

My friend, Julie, still in Austria (or Germany) texted me these pics; the first her cousin and the second--well, swans in a lake:


And great news: I found the charger for my Shark!  Why I put it someplace separate from the rest of my multitude of wires and chargers, I have no idea. But I did and just on the verge of buying another, I found it. 
                             ðŸ’«ðŸ’«ðŸ’«Now it actually is the day of--Wednesday, 5:06 am💫💫💫

Speaking of floor-cleaning, one of my neighbor is moving and offered me a Hoover Wholehouse Rewind vacuum (not sure why he didn't want to take it with him). Since I also have a little Dirt Devil Power Stick, I debated whether to take it, but I did. The filter needed cleaning, so I took it apart, cleaned it, and now can't get the top of the inside back on. I decided to trundle it down to "All-Vac" this morning to ask them for help.

Last night, I started watching "Unsolved Mysteries" on Netflix. The first episode concerned an 18-year-old girl, a champion volleyball player who was struck and killed by a train in 2015. Where was this? In Mays Landing, New Jersey (the train was headed to Atlantic City from Philly; I've taken that one several times myself). Authorities ruled it a suicide, but the parents won't accept this and think she was murdered. The program goes into detail about why they believe this. My heart bleeds for the shattered parents, but I'm afraid I found their "evidence" less than convincing. So does the writer on this site:

https://screenrant.com/unsolved-mysteries-tiffany-valiante-true-story-details-missing/

Anyway, it was a tragic incident, but interesting and I liked being able to recognize the various places mentioned--Tilton Road, Cologne, Galway, and so on.  

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...