Saturday, October 22, 2022

Friday

Bobbi picked me up for T.O.P.S., but the weight news wasn't good. I gained 1.2 pounds, up to 131.2,  although that was in two weeks. At home, I was 130.5, about the same gain (1.3). Oh, well... Bobbie had a doctor's appointment, so we left early, at 9:15, happy day. Sharon, who has more clothes than anyone else in the universe, wore a Halloween outfit, which I had to record:

😁😁😁Note the skull earrings that match Dennis' toenails! 😁😁😁

Home, had my late breakfast, then earned my angel wings and halo, no doubt, because I--wait for it...wait for it...

...CLEANED THE BEDROOM CLOSET!  πŸ˜‡ Well, I cleaned half of it, but still. I removed a lot of things I'll donate, including six blouses, three books, a lamp, and a multitude of other stuff I don't use or of which I have too many.  I included some of the Halloween decorations that I had already had displayed in the living room. Do I really need a throw adorned with pictures of skeletons?  Or a black decorative pillow that has "Evermore" written on it? I might as well donate them now, so maybe somebody can enjoy them before Halloween. 

That took several hours. I then had lunch and bused to The Bargain Box across from the mall. They have some very nice things and I wanted to ask if they were accepting donations. Yes, but only on Monday. Darn, I'll see about getting the items to Goodwill on Petit Drive.

Spent a lot of the rest of the day on food prep. Decided to make ice cream, so washed and trimmed the nice strawberries I had bought at Von's added them to the basic recipe. I have to say--of course, I sampled it when it was solid--I never tasted more delicious strawberry ice cream; it's heaven in a bowl.

Also made a pasta/tuna/peas combination which my older sister, Gene, concocted years ago. I don't know if everybody would like it, but I do. Had some for dinner and froze the rest in individual portions. 

Asked Suzanne if she wanted to go to a talk this morning at Green Thumb Nursery entitled "All About California Native Plants." (She has a lovely garden in her patio and I'm trying.) She accepted, so that should be enjoyable. 

Called Jim to ask him to lunch tomorrow; just didn't feel like trying to fit it in today. We chatted and I asked him how his evaluation went. He had told me several times that it was on Tuesday of this week, but now he said no, it's on this coming Thursday.  I'm more and more concerned about his memory lapse, which are truly alarming.  Also invited him to the Dudley House covered dish on Wednesday, which he accepted. He's accompanied me to this for several years running and some of the people there even know him by name. (I think they think we're an item.) Of course, the idea that he should bring something to share, which is the way these things work, would never enter his head--sigh. 

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Not sure who is in the photo. Looks like an old lady. Is it Dennis or his wife?

Mimi said...

Neither--it's Sharon, my fellow T.O.P.S. member. I had posted a pic of Dennis on Monday. He's in my widow and widower group on Monday and just mentioned that she and he matched because of the skulls.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...