Friday, June 21, 2019

Still Swinging!

And the beat (and the good time) goes on...
Right after breakfast, I left to take the city bus to the transit center, then caught the Ojai bus. In fact, I was early this time, which was okay. Ellen picked me up on Whatever Street and she, the girls, and I took off for Bart's Books. However, nature called before we got there and El  dropped me at the Rainbow Bridge* to answer. I told her I'd walk the three blocks back and did---
--or thought I did. Actually, I got lost, but no prob. I asked a few people for directions and got there. Greg had come in his car and all five of us meandered around the stacks for an hour or so. I bought three true crime (murder is my specialty) books, which I could probably have borrowed from the library, but I'm a sucker for getting them right away.
We went from there to the bike rental shop (Greg had his own bike in his trunk), where El, Viv, and Violet rented bikes. We then parted, agreeing to meet at 2:30, and I enjoyed strolling the main drag, looking into shops, and enjoying the town.
Stopped in "Bonnie's Country Cafe" for a good turkey sandwich and a Blue Moon, after which El called to see if I'd meet them at the Hip Vegan. Did so, and sat with them while they had trendy, New Age, artsy-crafty, over-priced concoctions. We went back to the bike shop and returned Viv's and Ellen's bikes, but not Violet's, because she and Greg will ride today.
Went back to El's and chatted while she tried to fix an X-Box piece; didn't work, so we drove to Ventura to Wal-Mart and got a new one. We then went to Jasmine Thai for dinner, after which they dropped me off at home.
It's now 7:13 am, I just got up, and I'd better start thinking about the program I'm scheduled to present at T.O.P.S. in just an hour and change--AAGH!

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...