Monday, June 17, 2019

Home

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig. After breakfast, we left for Albuquerque, only a bit more than an hour away (in NM, that's practically next-door). Said goodbye with just a few tears, and boarded the plane.
Waited for take-off, one of my two least favorite situations--the other is landing--then heard the pilot announce there was a toilet malfunction and we'd be there for another hour. AAGH! Texted Mike and, to cut a long story short, we finally took off, it was horribly bumpy, I was sure I was at death's door, and I vowed never to get in a plane again. Of course, I always vow that.
My dear boy and his two bright and beautiful girls greeted me at baggage with a lovely bunch of sunflowers, one of my favorites, and off we went to Ojai. Vivian is now taller than I am, Violet more compact, both full of talk and bubbling personality. The traffic was horrendous, of course, but I enjoyed so much being with them, it didn't seem so bad.
Got to Ellen's, whose house and yard look lovely (she had worked her little fingers to the bone), talked, laughed, and exchanged gifts and cards. They gave me a lovely little jeweled pineapple Mike said was to contain snuff, they opened the Fathers Day and graduation card I had sent to Ellen's. We then sat on the patio until dinner which was yummy: Caesar salad and a pasta dish from the Insta-Pot, followed by ice cream.
We decided Ellen would call me today when she and the girls get up and they'd come over for lunch. They want to go to the beach, although it may be cool. Mike took me home, came in and cut my sunflowers down to fit in a vase, then took off. Poor boy had to drive all the way back to L.A., then get up to be at the airport at 5:00 am for his 7:00 flight to Montreal. He'll be back in a week, though. Showered, washed my hair, watched t.v. for about twenty minutes, then fell into bed, and slept like a stone until 6:30.
Got up feeling great--yay for vacations and double-yay for family!


No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...