Thursday, June 06, 2019

Happy Hour And So On

Took a good uphill, neighborhood walk again.  After breakfast, I started to prepare to audition on Sunday for Fractured Actors. I spent most of the morning looking up all my old (and newer) acting stuff, both me as actor and me as acting teacher.
Wow, there's a lot. I hadn't quite realized how much I've done, starting with the Drama Club at Sunrise Bay, then Little Egg Theatre, then Our Gang P.layers, then teaching at Stockton State, then at SCAN here, and so on and on. I don't want to overwhelm them on Sunday, but I pulled together some stuff, notably my stint as an aging bar floosie in "Tony And The Heiress." That's because what's going to be staged is "American Speakeasy" and there are several parts, speaking and not. I'm going to try my damnedest for a speaking part.
Hauled out my big suitcase, plus the smaller one, which I'll take to Betty's when I stay over on Saturday after the party. I must call Carolyn to make sure somebody can take me to the 8:30 am Coastal Express bus on Sunday, because auditions are 1:00 to 4:00 in town and I want to get home first, then drive there.
I did drive to Smart 'n' Final for blueberries (on sale--$2.49 for 18 ounces; I bought four packages), then home to find that Diane wouldn't be joining us for Happy Hour, as she had another commitment.
Met Nancy and Carolyn a bit before 5:00 at Lemon y sal and we had a good ol' time. Stayed until after 6:00, then I strolled down Main. I stopped to talk to two young people from Greenpeace and committed to donating fifteen a month.
While we were talking, a couple in their fifties stopped and the woman asked if I was Carolyn's aunt.  Darned if it wasn't a friend of hers named Dana; she asked about taking me to the party and, distracted, I declined. Later, it occurred to  me that would be the perfect solution to getting back to Ventura to prepare for the audition. I called and left a message for Carolyn; when she calls me back, I'll ask for Dana's number. 

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...