Friday, June 28, 2019

Stuff

I'm under the gun on two counts: I must complete the damn on-line traffic school exam by midnight on July 1 AND Jeff wants us off-book as soon as possible. I got the "line learner" app for my phone and recorded some of my dialogue and the cues, but I screwed up some. I want to delete and start over, but I'm not sure how to do that.
Many of my roles with LETCO and Our Gang in Jersey were very extensive, including those in Hedda Gabler, Arsenic and Old Lace, and Steel Magnolias. These, of course, were full-length plays; for that matter, the murder mysteries I was in demanded a lot of memorizing, too. Welcome Home, for Fractured Actors is a short one-act, as the other three plays in American Roadhouse are, so it shouldn't be too tough.
I decided that, rather than rely on "Line Learner" (the app), I'd revert back to my old method of achieving off-bookness: my tape recorder. I used to record my cues, then leave blank air on the tape, into which I'd recite my piece. It worked fine--unfortunately, the tape recorder doesn't and I don't think I want to fool with it. Instead, I typed out the various cues, then my part and glancing at it, then not, I've already memorized my first several speeches.
Finally plowed through the traffic school info and am now poised to take the exam. I think--just not sure--I can take it over if I don't pass, but I want to be sure about that first. Can't find the answer on the FAQ, so will call today.
After lunch, I bused to town and did the library to museum walk, stopping in a number of stores on the way. Rode the bus down Victoria and got off at the store for blueberries, then bussed back. Stella texted me from LAX that she's back from Mallorca (Spain), but "didn't do well." I'm not sure what she means by that, but I'm sure she'll give me an earful eventually.
Betty called with yet another story on how this and that is screwed up. However, she said she attended a pizza party lunch where she lives and enjoyed it.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...