Saturday, June 29, 2019

Mish-Mash

A true mish-mash of a day--up, down, and sideways.
Drove to T.O.P.S. and was pleasantly surprised that I was down three pounds and weighed in at 128.5. The program (Sharon reading from a diet mag) was bearable, if not scintillating. I was asked again if I would consider being leader (it is to laugh) and as before, declined emphatically. Didn't get breakfast until after 10:00.
I forgot to mention yesterday that when I went to take my medication (Ramipril and Atorastatin(?)) Thursday night, I was surprised to see I didn't have any. Before I went to New Mexico, I realized I had to order more (from CVS Caremark, though the mail), but I forgot. I went on-line to order it, but knew it wouldn't come for several days, so walked over to CVS to get a week's worth.
This turned out to be a major hassle. The young woman at the pharmacy (clearly, not a pharmacist) had difficulty in understanding me. She said my doctor would have to send a prescription. Yes, yes, of course, but according to the Caremark web site, CVS is supposed to call the doctor's office for it. She told me to do it, also; I did, and thought that was the end of it. It wasn't. When I went over about 6:00 to get it, I learned my doctor's office had never made the call. I had to call the back-up and get him/her to do it, then walk back over to CVS to get it. Stopped at Von's for Romaine and coffee (on sale), home for lunch, then more reading lines. I tried to get the tape recorder to work, but don't really need it.
Much of the day, I concentrated on traffic school. Just to cut the suspense, I took the "final exam" and passed it easily (a two-year-old orangutan could have passed), so that, at least, is out of the way. Studied my script and have the first two parts down pretty well.
I was pleased when Ellen called to ask if I had plans; she had to be in Ventura for various errands, so came over and we hung out together for a few hours. We sat on the patio with iced tea and chatted over our usual wide range of topics, which is so enjoyable to me.
Diane called and we discussed Finney's, which she wasn't able to attend. She asked what I thought of meeting for Happy Hour on Thursday, instead of Wednesday, and yes, fine by me, especially after I quit Toastmasters, which I'm planning to do. Betty called with this and that problem, but seemed okay when we said goodbye.
Mike and the girls are due back today--yay!


No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...