Monday, June 03, 2019

This And That And Nuthin' Much

Took a neighborhood walk at 7:00--not too long, maybe a mile, but partly uphill, which was good. Settled down to breakfast and the Sunday paper with the crossword, as ever.
Drove to Smart 'n' Final for Romaine and Grocery Outlook for blueberries, then the 99 Cent store for big envelopes and plastic wrap.  Lunched, then sat down at this laptop and recorded the fact on Facebook that my father was killed 69 years ago--June 2, 1950. I added a picture of  him when he got his masters degree; lots of comments from his descendants, my relatives.
Then something happened: The electronic gods are determined to do me in and they flashed on the screen a box that said the battery was low. What? I didn't have it on battery--it was plugged in. Anyway, I immediately packed it up and took it to Office Max. I don't even want to go into it, but they got it to recharge and we think there's a problem with the outlet where it's plugged in--maybe.
While they were doing this, I went out and got strawberries at Sprouts, then drove around a bit. When I got back, the device was 69 percent charged and seemed good to go. I was talked into getting the tech support for $125, which includes virus protection. Home, set it up again and so far, so good.
I really just lazed around after that. I'm often at loose ends on weekends; I get lonely because it seems everybody else has things to do.
Drove to the Hill Street branch of the library, but it was after 2:00 and it was closed. Home and this computer seems okay. Played solitaire--yes, with actual cards, which I got years ago from Singapore Air. I took a walk around the block after dinner and that was it.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...