Friday, June 07, 2019

Lots Of Prep and Other Stuff

Darn, I hardly got any walking in all day. Did a big wash and started packing for New Mexico. I know I have to weed out a lot; I have an unfortunate tendency to pack as if I'll be gone for six months--but it's a start.
I spent a lot of time choosing and printed what I want to put in my theatre booklet to take to the audition. I printed some pics, added a revised theatrical resume, and all in a light loose-leaf book. That sounds quick and easy, but it wasn't.
Got an email from friend Jim, telling me that his phone setup won't allow him to call me because it's long distance. I can't even fathom this; I have a cell, area code 908, which I got first in Jersey, but why it would be considered "long distance" anywhere is beyond me. Jim said he called his carrier and that's what he understood.
I discovered that the magenta printer ink I had bought the other day was the wrong number; it was a 221, not a 226. I took it back to Office Max to turn it in as used and was amazed when they refunded what I paid--even though it was my fault! I've always like Office Max and their courteous and knowledgeable staff, but I thought this was classy of them. Yes, they have a satisfied customer here.
Carolyn got back to me with a phone number for Girl Dana (to distinguish her from Boy Dana, Carolyn's husband), I called her and yes! she'll pick me up and take me home from the party on Saturday. Happy day, that means I'll be much more rested for the audition. Got my pedicure at 3:00 and my tootsies look good. Bought five Fathers Day cards for sons and other family members; must remember to get a birthday card for my DIL in Japan.
I spent an incredible almost two hours on the phone with The Ventura Star. They had sent me an e-mail to the effect that my debit card had been declined. This is the second time they sent me this information, which is entirely and completely false. I talked to the bank and was told no, they had never declined it, call the Star back and talked and talked to three different people, all of whom were not native English-speakers and were difficult to understand, as well being unable to perfectly understand what I was telling them. I honestly don't even know the upshot of the whole mess, but I hate the the Star, the Washington Post and USA Today, its parent companies, who are all staffed with politically biased illiterates posing as news people. 

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...