Thursday, June 27, 2019

H.H. And Rehearsal

Out of sorts, in a mood, highly frustrated after dealing with Amazon Japan, as well as Amazon U.S. I wanted to send a gift card--finally did so, but after a great deal of travail.
Left for Happy Hour at 2:00 and just made it by 3:00 to meet Nancy and Carolyn. I know I'm too impatient with minutia, but Nancy annoyed me by second-guessing whether I told the waitress we were there for Happy Hour, and so on.  Nancy has a variety of physical problems, prominently, her chronic anemia, for which she has to get infusions. She also has a bad knee, a back problem, and now, retina trouble. Anyway, I apologized for snapping at her, all was smoothed over and we had a good time. (Diane had begged off, as she wanted to be available for her son and his family, who are soon moving to North Carolina.)  Carolyn was her usual silent self, but it's funny: Rather than being annoyed at her, I feel great sympathy.
Niece Carolyn called while we were there. She and her family are vacationing in New Orleans and I had suggested they go to Elizabeth's Restaurant, which is owned by a great niece of Pat's (my husband). There was some kind of mix-up, but I messaged Pat's nephew, who I think cleared up the problem.
Bussed home, freshened up, and left for 6:30 rehearsal. This went well, but as with all first rehearsals, was stop-and-start, back to page one, blocking changes, and so on. Director Jeff wants us off-book as soon as possible and I'm going to see if I can find the "line learner" app on my phone. We finished at 9:00 (my usual bedtime!) and, since I'm unable to go directly to bed, stayed up until 10. I awoke for the usual at 5:30 this morning, so may take a nap today.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Let me know the name of the line learner app. I'd like to try it myself.

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...