Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Beautiful New Mexico

After the usual horrors and terrors of airplane flight (it's not natural!), I got into Albuquerque right on time. If LAX is a nightmare, this small, nicely designed airport is a dream. We had lunch, then were off to the three-hour trip to the high places, through the beautiful, unspoiled scenery--think soaring mountains, vast tracts of green and brown, and big sky.
Settled into my comfortable room and bath, talked and laughed, then we took a good walk on a nearby path. This time, when I started huffing and puffing, I was aware it was because of the elevation--7000 feet. After, we were off for dinner at Farley's. I had a sausage pizza and a hearty IPA and, of course, more good talk and laughs.* After that, we settled onto the deck to roast marshmallows--oh, joy!--via the newly acquired fire pit, which is just a wonderful addition to this wonderful house.
20190610_185627.jpg
I went to bed at 7:30 and didn't even turn over before I fell into a deep sleep until about 5:00. Got up, had coffee--I was given my own little pot--and feeling great to be here.
*I thought it was a joke when I saw this sign there; "We card everyone." It isn't. The servers are actually supposed to see every customer's I.D.--yes, even those of my advanced decrepitude--because of some cockamamie ordinance passed, I guess, by the local powers-that-be. Weird.


No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...