Monday, June 24, 2019

Back To The Routine

I just realized I forgot to mention the T.O.P.S. meeting on Friday. I stayed about the same--131.7, actually down two tenths of a pound. That's not bad, considering I was on vacation and didn't weigh in for two weeks. 
It was only the evening before that I remembered I was scheduled to present the program of twenty minutes or so--yoicks!  So I just pulled together a few things, including some of my own regimen and made it a discussion. (Few activities are more boring than to have information read OR to listen to somebody talk at you--and when it comes to weight control, there's simply nothing valid that's new.) It actually went well, as it turned out.
As for yesterday, I went out and got fresh spinach, tomatoes, and onions, then reverted back to my routine of food prep.  Chopped a week or so worth of  tomatoes, onions, and garlic, and roasted it; microwaved a spaghetti squash and stored the edible insides in the fridge; and took the shells off some jumbo raw shrimp I had defrosted. (Incredibly, until I had shrimp at my older daughter's in New Mexico last year, I didn't realize you could do this before stir-frying. I always waited until the cooked shrimp was on my plate before removing the shells--not sure why I didn't realize....)
El called and asked if I wanted to go to San Luis Obispo with her and V. and V. when they come back in July; they'll stay over two nights. I reluctantly decided against it, as I might miss rehearsal, which I won't do. Also, it's expensive as hell and I don't want to spend the money. El will be here this morning before she goes to the dentist down the street from me. She has to take Zanex(?)  or something before her procedure and will rest here after.
Left for town a bit after 3:00 on the bus. Got off at the mission and walked to the library, where I took out The Woman At The Window, recommended by my daughter. Started reading it on the bus and was enthralled. I seldom read fiction, but this is terrific; it just grabs you on the first page and doesn't let you go.
I stopped into the new restaurant, Finney's, and found they have Happy Hour from 3 to 6, M-F. I have rehearsal on Wednesday from 6:30 to 9:00 (my bedtime, but I'll stretch it), so I e-mailed my three cohorts to ask if they could meet an hour early. If not, I'll skip it this week.



No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...