Sunday, June 02, 2019

Draggy Day

Took the bus to go to the 10 am transit program at City Hall. It was actually arranged by something called "Connect Southern Cal," and I had assumed it was some kind of sit-down program with audience participation, but it wasn't. It was a rather tame display of posters on easels that asked for input--on sticky notes--and included some statistics.
The most significant, it seems to me, was this information: those who drive alone, 77 %;  those who car pool: 16%; those who walk or bike: 4%; those who take public transit: 3%. Wow, those stats turn almost upside down in some cities in the world, notably Tokyo and Singapore, where my boys live. I gave  information on this to one of the transit people there. As it turned out, they were all from L.A. because this was a southern Cal topic.
It was drizzling a bit, but I walked to The Promenade afterward, as I hadn't for quite a while. It was good to be back. Got home about noon. Betty called and we talked. Diane sent an e-mail to us three other Happy Hour Honeys, suggesting that Carolyn play the piano for us and I give an acting lesson, then Diane would lead us in mindfulness meditation.
WHAT? I have no intention of doing that, for all kinds of reasons, but Diane then wrote me privately that she just wanted to boost Carolyn's ego. WHAT WHAT?!  I was glad to see Carolyn wrote her back declining the notion (what was she supposed to do, take her piano to Diane's or one of our bar/restaurants?) and I added my objections.
Lunch, then really nothing much. The weather was just miserable: overcast and gloomy, with intermittent drizzle--my least favorite. I putzed around with this and that, then took a nap, which I seldom do. I slept for about an hour, then got up, had dinner, and walked  over to Von's. Felt a little revived when I got back, as that took me to 7:00 pm. Draggy day, all right.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...