Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Fun And Food

Fun, fun day with Vivian, Violet, and Auntie Ellen!
I rushed out after breakfast to do a load of wash; while it was drying, I walked over to Von's and got the fixings for a lunch of  a big salad and turkey breast sandwiches. El called to say that the scratch on her cornea, which somehow happened as she removed her contacts, was hurting, so she had an appointment with her ophthalmologist. She went, got antibiotic drops, then they came over. We ate and had a good time talking, then went to Skyline Jump or whatever it's called, where the girls had a ball bouncing around. I tried my darndest to get Vivian as she did a back flip  and other maneuvers (she's a champion gymnast), but my pokey phone camera didn't seem to be up to it. Here's Violet on the left and Viv on the right:
While there, I called my friend, Nancy, and was sorry to hear her cat, Chloe, had had to be put down--cancer. Although I'm not an animal lover, I know how hard it is to lose a pet, so I tried to console her as much as I could. Stopped at Wal-Mart for a few items after, then to Ellen's in Ojai. The girls played badminton (El had gotten it for them) while she and I talked, then she went out to pick up Thai food for dinner. 
While she was gone, Vivian, almost 15, and I talked seriously. She asked me about my father's death, so long ago, and I told her as honestly as I could. Both girls have been asking that old question "what was it like when you were my age?" which can never be adequately answered, but you have to try and I love to do it. Vivian and Violet, almost 11, are so beautiful and so full of life and spirit I can hardly believe they're mine. 


We ate, then Ellen contacted Lyfe and a guy named Patrick came to take me back to Ventura. He was a nice enough guy and it was a smooth ride, but I almost had the vapors when the charge came to 35 dollars and change with tip. Considering I can get to El's free of charge on the bus, this almost floored me, but hey, I got home and had a wonderful day, so it was worth it. I told El I'd be back at 11 tomorrow and will definitely take the bus. 





No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...