Wednesday, June 12, 2019

More in NM

What a fine, fun day! Before breakfast, the two of us took a good, three-mile walk. After, we went to the supermarket to get provisions for company tonight.
Later, the three of us drove about a half-hour away to the Iris Farm I had visited last year. Enjoyed the flowers and Fairy Garden, then the store, in an old part-adobe house. I was fascinated to learn it had once been the home of Sheriff Pat Garrett, the one who shot Billy the Kid. I bought some little trinkets for my granddaughters from Singapore, whom I'll see when I get home. We had a picnic lunch there, then drove back.
I was called by my nemesis, the Ventura County Star, this time by somebody who can actually speak English, and I fervently hope my troubles are over with them, but am not betting on it. I helped with some of the dinner prep and we had a great one on the deck.
Today, we're off the Soccouro to an art show and other activities.



No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...