Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Santa Barbara Tuesday

Got the bus to the transit center, the second to Santa Barbara, and the third to Betty's. We sat and chatted for a time, then Betty's son, Steve, and his boy, Dexter, came over and we walked to Lure for lunch.
Yum-yum: I had New England clam chowder and a salad, plus a Stella (Artois, on tap, a Belgium beer) and the others various. It was fun talking to Steve and also to Dex, who's 12; not so much Betty, who is getting more and more confused.
After, we went back to Betty's and had Alexa play us some tunes from Perry Como to the Ramones to a contemporary group I never knew existed.  I said goodbye about 2:30 and walked up to State Street for the city bus while Steve took Betty to the supermarket.
Got the 3:37 back to Ventura. Betty called while I was on to tell me that her other granddaughters, Wes'es three girls, were having a good time with Violet, who is visiting them in Chicago. That was nice to hear. Called El and her tooth is fine; we talked a bit about her plans for V. and V. when they come back on July 1.
I had duplicated my script and took it with me to study on the buses. I had had some reservations about the play, but am getting to like it more and more. It's subtle and I'm particularly concerned about the mix of comedy and pathos, but I think it will fly.  Rehearsal is tonight after Happy Hour and we'll get into the nitty-gritty--I'm looking forward to that. 

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...