Saturday, December 01, 2018

T.O.P.S. And Dudley

Walked Kimball in rather chilly weather, but it was sunny, at least.  Got home, changed, and left for T.O.P.S.
I was sure I had gained--it just felt that way and after all, I hadn't weighed in for two weeks, being in Jersey--and was reconciled to it. To my surprise, I lost, although I hadn't been weighed for two weeks. To my even greater surprise, I lost 2.4 pounds, weighing in at 127.4 and was the biggest winner for the week. The meeting was okay; we made plans for our covered dish on December 14 and discussed going out to lunch in the new year. Sharon brought pumpkin hummus for everybody o try.  (Could that provide a clue as to why so few members actually lose weight and keep it off?) As for the covered dish, thanks to Sharon's suggestion, we'll all bring appetizers, not entrees. I was heartily in favor of this--who wants to eat lunch at 10 am?
Speaking of 10 am, that's when I had breakfast, as I always do on Fridays. After, I drove to Sprouts, then WinCo, mostly for produce. Did this and that around the apartment, then got ready to go to Dudley House.
I had agreed to be a greeter at the Holiday Boutique from 4 to 6 and I knew it would be cool on the porch, so wore  my red sweater coat. Got there on time and did my stint. We had several people come in, plus I chatted with Ken, Shari's husband and also a docent, and others. I couldn't resist buying something myself: four cute  little place card holders. I'm planning to have my Happy Hour Harpies over for lunch and Suzanne and the two guys I know over for dinner. Today or tomorrow, I want to get out my Christmas decorations and put them up.
Lunch with El today--yay!

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...