Sunday, December 02, 2018

A Lunch And A Present

What an enjoyable day! Did my usual Kimball walk and regular morning activities, then tidied up a bit until Ellen got here about noon. I was surprised when she handed me a small package, wrapped in green paper and tied with white ribbon. I opened it and was mystified by the rectangular, black and white box, with "Select/Elite Weekender" on the front. It was also labelled "Pineapple Jack"--was this perfume or what?
When Ellen revealed what it contained, I was absolutely floored. We talked and laughed about it and I told her I'm going to try it either later in the evening or maybe wait until today.* I wonder if anyone knows what she gave me.
We then took off for lunch, which was, as ever, a lot of fun, simply because I was with her. I had a shrimp taco and a Blue Moon and we talked up a storm, as usual (I'm always interested in her adventures in the classroom). We then went to Michael's, where El got materials for her third-graders to make Christmas ornaments. After that, we took off for the Dudley House Holiday Boutique (I hadn't been able to see much when I was the greeter on Friday). We enjoyed it and El bought a  candle. She drove me home and we said goodbye.
Betty had called while we were having lunch and I called her back when I got home. I'll plan to visit her, maybe next week, and probably stay over.  I had a light dinner of leftover spinach, carrots, and cauliflower, then--oddly--laid down on my bed and fell asleep until almost 8:00. That's unusual for me, but I assume I conked out because I've developed a bad cold. Didn't use my present from El yet, but will today--unless I find info there's some contraindication for a cold.

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...