Thursday, December 13, 2018

Luncheon

Walked Kimball, then, of all things, my phone quit. Picked up some rolls at Von's, then stopped at the Cricket phone store, talked to Amanda, and found out it will probably have to be replaced. Didn't have time to do it then, so left, and went home to continue preparing for my guests.
Nancy and Carolyn came on time, at noon and I showed them around the place, then we sat down with wine and mixed nuts (Carolyn was driving, so had soda), talking and talking happily. I served lunch after about an hour and it made a big hit, modest though it was. We were sorry Diane couldn't have joined us. We talked about our next Happy Hour meetup and decided on Aloha--a parking garage is right next door for the outlanders, Nancy and Carolyn, and it's an easy walk for me from Main. Carolyn can either get the Axxess van or the bus.
The two didn't leave until about 5:00, after which I cleaned up. I thought I'd go into town even then, but I had had a fair amount of both wine and beer, so didn't. I did this and that on the laptop, then lay down on my bed and fell asleep until 10:30! I just got up to take my meds, went right back, and slept until after 6:00.
T.O.P.S. tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I've gained, even from last week. We'll see.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...