Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jig...

We had a good time at Betty's!
Got to Santa Barbara at 11:00 and niece Carolyn picked me up at the Courthouse. We went directly to Betty's, then she and I walked down the street to the Natural Cafe for lunch. After, w played Scrabble, a game I greatly dislike,* which Betty won by a huge margin.
I persuaded my twin sissy to walk to State Street, then to the next block to the mall. She did, with some complaints at the distance (it couldn't have been more than a mile in total, if that). Browsed in a few of the stores and sat down twice for her to rest, but we made it.
Carolyn came back with her daughter, Claire, and we visited for a while. After that, Betty served a casual dinner of salad and sandwiches, which tasted great to me, as I rarely eat sandwiches. We then watched the Eagles/Cowboy football game, an exciting squeaker to fans--including Betty--and a snooze fest for me, but I like the bright colors.
Betty has a new couch which opens into a bed, but it's very hard and she insisted I take her bed, which I did. Slept like a log; in fact, I didn't get  up until 6:30. Betty made good coffee and we drank it while we talked. I told her I wanted to walk--I knew she wasn't anxious to and she said she stay in to tidy up. She did and I walked down State Street, the main drag, until it forked into State and de la Vina. Walked back, looked it up, and was pleased to find I had gone a bit more than two and a half miles.We then walked to State and had breakfast at a Chik-fil-lay. I greatly dislike anything at a fast food place, especially what they call breakfast, but the sausage, egg, cheese on a muffin was okay.  The coffee was truly horrible, however.
Back to Betty's and we went to the common room, a very pleasant, well-appointed place, and sat with three women for about 45 minutes. We talked about a variety of topics, of course, and they seemed like nice people. Carolyn then picked us up and took us to her house to see her Christmas tree and decorations.
After, she took us to town for a bit, then picked up her two children, who had to go to the orthodontist. We said an somewhat tearful goodbye (the older I get, the more emotional I've gotten) when we dropped Betty at her place. Once the two kids were finished, Carolyn dropped me at the Coastal Express bus stop, which came exactly on time. After the short ride on the city bus, I got home by 6:00 pm.
*Since I'm surely a word person, this seems odd even to me. I have an idea about why I avoid the game, but there's no point in mentioning it here.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...