Friday, December 14, 2018

Back To The Routine

Walked Kimball, drove to various stores for this and that, and pretty much settled back into my regular routine. Well, maybe not exactly, as my had phone conked out. I waited until 1:30 to go to Cricket, as I knew Amanda started work then. Had my usual lunch of a huge salad, then went to Office Max for printer ink; Cricket is on the next block.
I was there for an hour and a half, picking out a new phone, modifying the monthly charge, having my data transferred, and so on. However, I didn't mind, as I like Amanda so much. She was  incredibly outgoing about her life, including various serious difficulties in the past. She has a daughter and a "partner"--I assume she must be bi, as she was married to a man, but her partner is a woman. I have no objection to that, because there's no reason I should.
Anyway, I like talking to Amanda and got my phone all taken care of by 3:00. I drove home just to leave my car off, then high-tailed it to the bus stop. Got off at the library to leave a book and to pick up a bio of Nat King Cole. Walked to the museum to reserve seats for Diane and me when we're going to a documentary there on the Thomas Fire, which we lived through last December. It's easy to forget that some people didn't live through it--or its aftermath, the mud slide in Montecito.
Walked back to the library bus stop when it was full dark, but got home fine.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...