Thursday, December 06, 2018

Happy Hour

I was determined to resume walking Kimball, and I did. Saw the regulars, who welcomed me back. After breakfast, I put a few pounds of chicken thighs in the oven, with oil and seasonings; I'll freeze these, and have them for later.
After, I dug out all my bought gifts and the ones I've ordered, recorded them, and determined what more I need to get. Drove to various stores for Christmas cards (special ones for the grand- and great-grandchildren), plus a few other things. By that time, it was after my usual 1:00 lunchtime; in fact, I didn't eat until 2:00.
As had been predicted, it had started to rain by then and was actually a little chilly. I dug out my boots, umbrella, and gloves, donned my raincoat, and set off for the bus. Got to Lure before 4:00 to find Diane already there on the enclosed patio. I was sorry to hear she can't come to lunch next Wednesday with the other two, but she has a prior commitment. However, she invited me to her new place for lunch tomorrow and I accepted with pleasure. After chatting for a bit, we looked around and discovered that Carolyn and Nancy were already inside in a booth, so we went in to join them.
We had our usual congenial good time. At one point, I pulled out the gift Ellen had given me, made a gesture of using it, and we had a ball laughing over it. I promised Diane I would take her to Ojai Greens, and we'll do that maybe next week.
We left about 5:30, and I boarded the bus, as usual. The rain had almost stopped--it was just a piddling little  California spritzing, anyway--and I got home with no problem. Betty called to say she had forgotten when I was going there (Sunday, and will stay overnight) and El called just to chat.
I want to stop at The Bargain Box today to see if I can pick up a succulent as a new-home gift for Diane.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...