Saturday, December 22, 2018

T.O.P.S. And Treats

Sort of an up and down day, but not bad. I walked Kimball, then changed and went to T.O.P.S. I was down a pound, to 129.4, which was okay. I had volunteered to run the program and read a paragraph about the history of obesity (only very recently did it become a health program). I had typed out multiple choice questions, then had the group  take turns reading them and discussing the actual answers. I slyly added a last question, concerning the calorie count for Carrow's mega-breakfast: Is it 750, 1200, or 1440. Yep, the last one--and this is where everybody wants to go in January. Hey, each to her own.
I was pleased that Sharon gave me an invitation to her husband's seventieth birthday party in January and I'll attend. They're an interracial couple with lots of children, grandchildren, and great-grands, although Sharon is only in her sixties. Should be fun.
Got a card from my old friend, Dave P., who had been systems manager for HR at Rider. Dave retired shortly after I did and lives in Point Pleasant, NJ. I wrote him a card and included a long letter, which I haven't finished yet, about my recent sojourn to Jersey. Haven't seen him for 12 years, but we keep in touch.
I called Betty to say happy birthday and we talked. I regretted a bit I had turned down Carolyn's invitation to join them for dinner, and even toyed with the idea of calling to accept. But I would have had to stay over and I just didn't want to--I'll be staying at El's tonight.
Anyway, I cheered up later and went to WinCo for items I forgot on Thursday. Had lunch, then took the bus to go to the songfest gathering at Cypress Point Independent Living. It was  pleasant and the champagne punch and eggnog with brandy, along with nibbles, were yummy.
El called after dinner and we had a long, good talk concerning our plans for the coming days. I'll bring my lunch to her place in a few hours, help her decorate the tree, and she, Greg, and I will go out for my birthday dinner. What a treat!

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...