Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Prep For Lunch

Walked Kimball, then spent most of the day on chores, especially preparing for my luncheon guests. I did a load of wash, dusted and mopped the hard floors, and otherwise cleaned up the place. Went to Von's for cold cuts: turkey breast, roast beef, and pepper chicken. Also picked up some "pocket"  pita bread, but I'm not sure how that'll work. I tried one and it tore before it opened. I then read you're supposed to warm it first. Think I'll skip the pockets and get get some rolls.
Also bought lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, grapes, and feta for the salad. I had thought I'd make an apple crisp for dessert, but just didn't feel like it. Instead, I bought a box of chocolate pudding mix and the milk to go in it--the cooked  kind, of course, I'd never give a guest--or my worse enemy, for that matter--the horrible no-cook kind. Bought a carton of heavy cream, which I'll whip to put on the  the pudding.
Went to Wal-mart for shampoo and face scrub and ran into Diane--the park Diane, that is. She said Irene's down with a cold, which is why I didn't see her at Kimball. I didn't get my afternoon walk--just didn't have time--but will today after Carolyn and Nancy leave.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...