Friday, December 28, 2018

Mostly Memorabilia

Walked Kimball bundled up in sweater, coat, hood, and gloves--boy, was it chilly. Ran in to Diane and Irene, then Carolyn and Bob.
After breakfast, I spent several hours--until lunchtime, in fact--finding and assembling the genealogy items nephew Wes had requested. That included on the Byrne side, the book that supposedly takes us back to Adam. I also put in a lot of pictures and documents on both the Byrne and Figenshu sides. However, as I wrote Wes, I have such an enormous amount of family memorabilia, he'll have to come visit to really get to the bottom of it.
Mike had sent Paula's 123 and Me (incidentally, I haven't opened mine yet) to me and asked me to wrap and send to her in Singapore. However, they're not there now, they're in Hawaii, and will be for several more days--one of their practically monthly getaways.
I assembled and wrapped both packages, then walked to the P.O. to send. Got a bus from there to town, and while I was riding, I got a video call on the phone--happy day! This was the Tokyo Trio calling and I was able to see and talk to all three, including the adorable five-year-old, Mr. K. He and Mommy were busily making out New Year's cards, Mr. K. writing his name on them. My son, P., told me he had put on Skype a video of K. playing the piano, but I can't seem to find it. I'll keep trying.
It was so noisy on the bus that I got off to talk to the callers. Walked into a beauty parlor (no customers) and asked if I could talk in there, so I did.
After the call, I got on another bus and instead of my usual, I got off at the mission and walked the few blocks to Von's to pick up salad dressing and more blueberries (two for one this week). I then got on another bus for home. As I walked past the parking place, I saw Suzanne's car there, so knew she was home. Rang her bell to give her the mail I had picked up.
I got an email from Jim C., whom I had had in my acting class. He teaches philosopy at Ventura College and asked about getting together again. I immediately wrote back that I'd love to, and we'll set something else with another of my students, Char, who's older than I am, but seems pretty much
"with it," as we used to say.
I'll walk Kimball in an hour or so, then go to T.O.P.S. I'm prepared for a gain, considering what I ate over the holiday, but I'll address that subsequently.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I did 23andme and now I just sent in my saliva to Ancestry to see how close they are.

23andme is so called because you get 23 chromosomes from one parent and 23 from the other. I find it interesting. Found out my 5th or 6th great grandmother was 100% W. African. Need to research how that may have happened. Yes, we all began in Africa, but this entered my genome between 1760 and 1640. Maybe that's why I had/have so many freckles and why I'm such a great dancer ...LOL.

Mimi said...

That's neat to know, Pat--I hope mine is as interesting!

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...