Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Out And Around

Boy, did I feel lousy when I got up. All those cookies with all that sugar I ate at the widder dinner, made me feel sickish. I even skipped Kimball again--I don't want to do that too often--and ate breakfast late because I wasn't even hungry.
Happily, I bounced back before too long. Got gas for the first time since I bought the car, found a shade for the new lamp at Wal-Mart (it was not only less expensive, it actually goes better with the style of the lamp) and went to Vons and WinCo for fruit and stuff. I drove to all those places, but after lunch, took the bus to town.
I seem to be following a pattern: Drive in the morning, take the bus in the afternoon, and that works out well for me. I got off at the library and walked to The Promanade--the beautiful Pacific now tranquil as its name--then to Main. Stopped into Arc and bought four DVDs: Perry Como, Nat King Cole, his daughter, Natalie, and a medley of the oldies which features Fred Astaire and others. I happened to see a very pretty top--white, with a kind of lacy trim--and picked it up for a song.
Made a appointment for a color and cut and ordered a few Christmas presents on line. This year, I want to really get a jump on Christmas--which I say every year, but never do. However, I'm a lot further along than I ever was before.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...