Sunday, December 09, 2018

Here And There By Car And Bus

Walked Kimball, had breakfast, then addressed several Christmas cards and wrapped the little ornament for Baby Samantha. Took them to the P.O. and mailed. Went to the Bargain Box for a succulent for Betty, but it was only 10:00 and I saw it didn't open until noon.
I knew I wouldn't get an afternoon walk in because of my 3:00 hair appointment, so I drove to town, parked at the museum as I used to do in the pre-bus days, and walked to The Promenade. After, I stopped into a store I've passed so many times--"B On Main"--and discovered they have the cutest things. Picked up gifts for Mike and the girls--must add something for Paula.
Home for lunch, after which I called niece Carolyn and we had a nice chat; she'll pick me up this morning in Santa Barbara. Took the bus to the mall and walked to Penney's. Picked up some extra little things for V. and V., then went to the salon for my color and cut.
Mary took me slightly early, but even so, I hate getting my hair done. It seems to me a horrible ordeal and this was no better than usual, but at least my hair looks good. I love the cut she gave me, although how long it will last is anybody's guess.
It was dark by the time I got out and boarded the bus, but no prob, I'm used to that. Betty called while I was riding to tell me she thinks Muckie is having a gall bladder attack. Hmm...well, I assume she has a doctor, so why call me?  Dunno.
Note: I'm not taking my laptop with me to SB, so won't blog here until Monday.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...