Saturday, December 15, 2018

T.O.P.S.y Turvey Thinking

Walked Kimball, then high-tailed it home to make "tasties" for the T.O.P.S. spread. I had quite a bit of deli roast beef, peppered turkey, and chicken breast left from my little luncheon, and decided to make little roll-ups with pickles in the middle, secured with toothpicks. I did that hastily when I got home and they didn't turn out very pretty.
Actually, they were probably the least attractive item on the menu, but I didn't really care. Others brought deviled eggs, meatballs, and rather peculiar dried pineapple slices. Sharon, of course, went all out, having made Vienna sausages; a kind of sushi with crab meat; little muffins; dough filled with cream mixture; and three desserts: a Cool Whip concoction plus both chocolate and vanilla parfaits. She--and everybody else, of course--made enough for maybe fifty people if they were starving and there were  our usual twelve  members. And remember, folks, this is a weight loss group!  And we were having this feast at nine o'clock in the morning!
Am I suggesting I abstained? Hell, no, I ate my fill, called it breakfast, and wished I had a cup of coffee to go with it. Come to think of it, nobody brought anything to drink; maybe next time, I will--bloody Marys would be great, but I'm afraid Trinity Lutheran would frown on that.
The group is also planning to gather after our first January meeting to go to--well, I guess it will be brunch. I suggested Aloha, but that didn't go over, so we'll go to Carrow's* on Seaward Street. If I'm not mistaken, this is a chain--god forbid we go to a nice place--but oh, well, I'll grin and bear it.
As for my weight, I was up to 130. I'm not surprised considering the leeway I've allowed myself recently, but now I'm going to resume the straight and narrow.
The rest of the day was all buying, wrapping, packing, and sending off Christmas presents for the New Mexico and New Jersey contingents. That took up until dinnertime anyway, and I still have more to buy and send.
Suzanne stopped over to ask if we could meet this evening in town at 5:30 to see the Christmas tree display we had decided we'd go to. Sure, I'll take my walk first, then meet her and she can take me home. I hope I can persuade her to go to dinner first--we'll see.
*I looked up Carrow's menu and the entrees for breakfast are downright obscene when it come to unhealthiness. For instance,they feature platters of eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, hash browns, all in triplicate and this mega-breakfast totals 1440 calories. I also looked up what the average woman requires to lose a pound a week: depending on whether she's sedentary or moderately active, she does it on 1500 to 1800 calories. I consider myself moderately active, but only one other person in the group besides me is even that active.  What in the hell are my fellow T.O.P.S. members thinking?

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...