Monday, December 03, 2018

Cold

I felt so lousy when I woke up with a sore throat, I didn't walk Kimball. After I got up, moved around a bit, had coffee, and took two aspirins, I felt a lot better. I decided to do what I had planned: Retrieve my Christmas decorations from storage (two small closets over the large ones) and that's what I did. I was pleased that I had donated some of the stuff I had last year, but there are still things I intend to get rid of. Put my little Xmas doo-dads here and there, including my wreath and snowman at the door, and it looks pretty nice. However, I want to get some Christmas pillows for the sofa.
Feeling better still, I went out to replenish my staples. Got blueberries, grapes, spinach, cherries, and other goodies.
After lunch, I got the bus into town. Walked the The Promanade, then to Main, as usual. Stopped at The Coalition and got a lamp for my desk and a few other items. Home to prepare my salmon, plus several veggies for dinner.
I called Nancy to tell her I may not be at Soaring Spirits dinner tonight--depends on how I feel. I hate to miss it, as it's our Christmas ornament exchange one. However, if I drive, I can't have anything to drink and I'd just as soon not take the bus in the dark. Can't decide if I should ask Carolyn to drop me off after, or what.
Just got up and it's after six. Still have the sore throat, darn it, and the overall cold seems worse.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...