Friday, November 30, 2018

Quantum Physics

It was another interesting day. When I set out to drive to Kimball at 7:00, I saw a portfolio lying on the grass. Picked it up and looked inside; found no name, just a lined tablet, the writing on it partly smeared because of the rain. I thought maybe someone would come looking for it, so just propped it against the stucco wall  of the small laundry building, which is sheltered from the rain.
Got home to find it still there, so took it to look more closely inside. The writing had a heading of "Wisdom" and, at a quick glance, seemed to concern the supernatural. I knew Fred S. was into this, so called his wife, Loretta. She said she'd ask Fred and I went about my business.
Dry dusted, then wet-mopped the hard floors; added the Velcro parts to the bath rugs and mats and took all to the laundry room. Came home after putting them in the washer and was cutting up carrots when the doorbell rang. It was Fred, saying it was not his portfolio.
Fred is kind of a woebegone, somber type who seems to have absolutely no sense of humor. I feel sorry for him, especially as Loretta is such a whiny pain in the ass, so I invited him in. After a few pleasantries, he mentioned he had purified the water in the apartment complex, using his aura. Before he did that, of course, it was full of not only chemicals, but greed.
Uh, huh--"greed." This led to an explanation of how he does it--I can't remember the ritual involved--after which he took a seashell on a string out of his pocket and demonstrated how the shell answers questions about the water purity by swinging in various configurations.
I told Fred I have a friend (Diane, of course) who believes that quantum physics is the entity that runs the universe. At this, Fred excitedly told me the whole water thing IS quantum physics. It's definitely true because there's a book on it he wants me to read by the esteemed scientist, Dr. So-and-So, and that's proof positive...
Now, how in the hell do these people find me? I finally got rid of Fred by having to go get the laundry; he said he'd take the portfolio to the office.  After lunch, I went to town, walked The Promanade (the ocean was roiling high; see pic below), and left for Main when it started to rain. Walked to The Coalition and who did I run into but Diane--additional proof that quantum physics runs the universe!
We chatted, agreed to get together soon, she left with her son, I did on the bus, and arrived home thoroughly soaked, but I didn't mind.
I had just gotten out of my wet shoes and hung up  my wet coat when Suzanne knocked on my door to tell me Sister Katie had died. She came in and we talked for a half hour or so. After hearing about the death, I told her about Fred. We laughed--wryly--about that.
Got up today with a sore throat, the first cold I've had since I moved here. Damn, I have T.O.P.S. and Dudley House scheduled today, lunch with El tomorrow, and the widder group on Monday. Oh, but wait: I'll just use my aura to rid of it--problem solved!

20181129_144443_Burst01.jpg

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary, I think, I'm not sure but you have to believe in the aura for it to work....sort of like the 'Dear St. Anthony prayer that only works if you believe in it. Who knows? LOL.

Mimi said...

I'm sure you're right, Pat, but you'd be surprised--no, you probably wouldn't be--at the number of people who believe in all kinds of cockamamie ideas without any evidence aside from what somebody told them. BTW, I'm reading a book called "The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe," which goes into the various logical fallacies people use (I'm not excepting myself or you) to bolster their beliefs. Well, Fred was pretty entertaining, anyway.

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...