Sunday, November 11, 2018

Walking And Gordon

Walked the uphill, breakfasted, then I decided to walk to Wal-Mart. Did so, and stopped on the way at the bank to get fives and ones. Got some cleaning wipes, then walked halfway back before I caught a bus the rest of the way. That's a little more than two miles and I was glad to do it.
Called the Access van to pick up Diane and me today, take us to Connie's Thanksgiving program in Oxnard, then ferry us back to Diane's. We'll have an early dinner in town, then I'll hop a bus back.
Called my neighbor, Gordon, who will take me for my road test on Tuesday; I asked if I could come down and see his garden. He said sure and I told him I'd ring his bell after I got home. After lunch, I went to town; walked The Promenade, then back to Main. Stopped at a shop and bought a white blouse.
After I got home about 4:30, I went to Gordon's, two doors away. I greatly enjoyed seeing his "fairy garden," which includes a number of little house he made himself, and has lights and even a kind of waterfall. He said his little granddaughters, who are 3 and 1, love to play out there. Gordon also has two large fish tanks on the patio, and some lovely plants, including a jasmine, one of my favorites.
Said goodbye and walked the few yards home.
Swept up Suzanne's and my front walk, clearing it of the leaves and plant debris blown there by the ferocious Santa Ana winds.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...