Friday, November 09, 2018

Varied And Lively

Much as I enjoyed Santa Barbara, I was glad to get back to my routine. Did the uphill walk, and after breakfast, retrieved my little cart from my car trunk and took the bus (actually, two buses) to WinCo. Got lots of goodies, including fresh spinach, grapes, and pickled beets.
I e-mailed Diane to see if she wanted to got to the Thanksgiving program my friend, Connie, is doing at Heritage Square on Sunday. That's in Oxnard, and we can get the Access van to take us. She wrote back that she did, so I'll make the arrangements.
After lunch, I went to town. Walked from Main to The Promenade, then to Santa Clara Street, preparing to go back to Main. I was outside The Blue Agave when Stella called. It turned out she was right next door at The Clock Tower Inn, I met her, and we decided to have a bite at the Agave. Did so and talked for some time, then I walked her back to her car a few blocks away. I refused her offer to drive me home, as it was almost dark and she lives up in Ojai.  I just had her drop me off at Main, where I walked a few blocks to the libaray, then sat down to wait for the bus.
Two young women (I thought they were in their thirties, but later, found out they're ten  years older) struck up a conversation with me, which continued on the bus. I greatly enjoy these chance encounters and had a fine time chatting about this and that (Okinawa pearls and Peru were two of our topics). We parted at the mall where the bus stopped and I hopped on the number 10, which lets me off right in front of Ventura Del Sol.
Went in to drop my purse, then rang Suzanne's bell. She invited me in and we discussed the dreadful nightclub shooting in Thousand Oaks, plus the fire now raging near the Channel Islands. It has closed part of the freeway and may jeopardize Suzanne's planned trip to San Francisco this morning. Hope not.
Anyway,  it was a varied and lively day and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...