Friday, January 26, 2018

Diane And Dargan's

Nice day.  After walking K. (chilly!) and breakfast, I did a load of wash, then spent quite a while putting the photos I label "Birth Family" in the new album I just bought.  I'm not finished yet, but it's working out well.
I had gotten an e-mail from Diane, asking if I could meet her at the Starbucks in town at 3:00. Now, I never go to Starbucks, as the stuff on their menu either doesn't appeal to me or appeals to me too much--meaning it's loaded with calories. However, I agreed, Starbucks being right next door to the library.  When I got there, we found there's no place to sit inside, and it was extremely windy, so we decided to go elsewhere. I suggested  Dargan's Irish Pub and Restaurant, which is on the opposite corner, and that's where we went.
Happily, they had Irish coffee for five bucks, which is what we both got. We stayed for a good hour and a half, catching up on each other's lives.  I finally got tired of sitting and we walked the half block to the Ventura Inn, where Diane now lives. I went into the lobby with her and oh, boy, what a neat place. It was built in the twenties and had been a hotel. It still had all the great "bones" of the buildings of that era--high, arched openings, dark wood, a huge fireplace (now sealed) and a terrific art deco feel.  Diane has only a studio (this is a low-income apartment), but is thrilled to be there. I told her about my other friend who lives there, Marie M., and she said she'd look her up.
I went from there to WinCo for shrimp, broccoli, and other stuff.  After I put it away at home, I rang Suzanne's bell; she had brought the BP machine (electronic!) from work and put it on me. Happy day, it read 110/63, which I think is good. If it had been low again, I would have called the doctor, but now I'm satisfied.
After dinner, I called Ellen to ask how the new laptop was doing. It's good, but it took her a long time to attach her mouse and she hasn't had a lot of time to play with it yet.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...