Sunday, January 21, 2018

Books And Laptops

A good day. Kimball, of course, then breakfast, then some computer work researching a few things in which I'm interested.  Went to the book sale at the Hill Street branch of the library about 11:00. Saw my pal, Carole, who volunteers for that, and chatted with her. Got a large bag of books--darn, I've got about five, library and my own, I'm about to dive into. I want to read Ken Alpine's about the Channel Islands, the bio of Tennessee Williams Greg gave me, and Working Stiff, by a medical examiner from the Bronx (yes, I have varied--or bizarre--tastes).  Went to Sprouts for oranges, then Smart 'n' Final, who were having a sale on blueberries. I just LOVE blueberries and bought two 16-ounce containers.
El called about 2:00 and said she'd pick me up in an hour or so, which she did. We then went to Oxnard, first stopping at Best Buy's, then at Fry's Electronics. She looked at, tried, lifted, and asked sales reps about various laptops, but wanted to look further, so we went back to Ventura, to Office Max.  Here she found what she wanted--8 mgs, fair-sized screen, and not too heavy--and bought it. Of course, she paid more than she thought she would, but she's happy with it.
It takes an hour or two to put on Word (or something), so she suggested we go to dinner and sure thing, fine by me. We went to Jasmine Thai, where I had their yummy lettuce wraps with peanut sauce, plus a nice glass of Chardonnay.  After, El dropped me off and went back to get her new computer.  I was glad to have learned a bit more about laptop buying, as I want to get one, also. I want to be able to take it with me for talks and presentations, for one thing.  For a change, I didn't get my town walk in, but no matter, I was with my girl.
(Darn--for the first time in months, I had trouble sleeping. Woke up for the usual, then couldn't get back. Foolishly, I got up and went onto the computer for a time.  Finally drifted off, but just got up at 6:15, an hour later than usual.) 


No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...