Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Around And About

Walked Kimball with only a light sweater; it was 70 degrees at 7am. Spent  time after breakfast on going through my books. Separated the "keep" from the "donate" and packed them in a carrying bag. There were at least twenty of them and boy, was it heavy.
Went to Wal-Mart and found three-ring plastic "sleeves." Bought a packet and will get some more binders at Goodwill for a buck or two apiece.  Took my BP and it was okay, I think, at 93/62. Stopped at WinCo for blueberries, chicken, and lots of produce. It took an hour or so to prep the preceding, but I like to have plenty of good-for-me food in the fridge.
I continued to pursue an artificial fish and finally found on-line what I hope will be adequate. It's 12 inches long and although I would prefer a larger one, should be okay. Ordered it from an outfit on Amazon and it should arrive next week.
Had lunch, then drove to town. Parked at the library and took my books in, then drove to the museum. I had every intention of walking my usual to the library, but idly stopped into Goodwill on my way. There I saw two wooden sailboats, the larger one probably 15 inches high and more than a foot long. They're painted and clearly had been used for outside decorations. Well, could I pass them up?  No, so I bought both. They were pretty heavy, so I walked back to the car with them. I just didn't feel like retracing my steps, so decided to go see Greg at Whole Foods. I've been wanting to work up the courage to drive there on the freeway and I did. Got there in one piece, went in, but he wasn't there--that's  right, he's off on Mondays. So I walked down the street and up (The Collection covers a big area) and I think got my usual mile and a half in.
Stopped at the Hill Street library branch and picked up Shattered about the Hillary Clinton campaign debacle. I hate and despise her ilk, but after the Edwards books, I've gotten interested in insider politics. Also took out a book by somebody who was married to a psychopath--dunno why. In addition, I'm in the middle of That's NOT All, Folks!, a bio by Mel Blanc, who had been the voice of Porky Pig  and dozens of other characters.  Why read it?  Because I met him when he appeared at Rider years ago. His book is mildly interesting.
Got home and picked up the mail; finally, at long last, I got my check from SCAN. Since I received the refund for the aborted Getty trip, that means the only ones still holding out on me are the black-hearted felons from Amtrak. I'll continue to pursue them and hold out until I'm dead and for three days after that.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...