Thursday, January 18, 2018

VCS And The Orient Express

Kimball, breakfast, then I took off for the VCS meeting. It was the usual draggy doing, with interminable discussions on things that never got resolved. Suze's high-handedness and a particularly obnoxious woman named Diana--I think she's been elected to counsel, may Zeus help us--topped it off. The audience consisted of exactly six people, including my friend, Carol.
Didn't get home until almost noon and changed to jeans, as I was meeting Nancy at the movie at 1:00. We both got there early and greatly enjoyed Murder on the Orient Express, although I'm sure Agatha's book was modified.  The scenery and sets were particularly awesome. (Son Mike and DIL Paula rode the Orient Express years ago.  They said it was a long trip over lots of tundra.)
We went from there to The Cave; Nance had her usual split of champagne, I Chardonnay, plus the best potato chips I ever tasted. They make them right there and they're hard to describe, but just yummy.
We stayed for an hour or so, then parted--we'll do the movie and drinks thing again--and I drove directly to town, although it was almost 4:30. Took my usual (it was almost dark as I walked back to the car) and got home fine.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...