Sunday, January 28, 2018

Here And There

Walked the walk, broke the breakfast (ha!), and did some computer stuff. Betty called to say she got the letter (e-mail's out, as she doesn't use her desktop), which gave her some tips and pointers on cooking for weight loss and so on.
Went to Vons for Beyond Meat burgers. These are vegan and got good reviews on the Internet. Since I don't eat beef or any other red meat, thought I'd try them. I wasn't entirely happy with the cost--$5,99 for two quite thin patties--but even less so with the calorie count: 290 each. Had one with dinner last night and it's okay, but I wasn't that crazy about them.  Well, they won't constitute a big part of my diet, but occasionally, they'll be okay.
Went to town and walked. Stopped into one of the thrift stores and found something perfect for the sash I want to wear as my Dutch woman character. It's actually a scarf, but will do fine around my waist. The fish is going to be harder. I went to a number of specialty/gift stores, one with a beach theme, but they had nothing I could use. Went on-line when I got home and looked into those that sell theatre props. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for this thing, so will try elsewhere.
I was furious to get a notice from Chase that I owed $180 on an Amazon credit card and my payment was overdue. After talking to several people at both places, I found I had been changed $169.67 for some boondoggle called "Amazon Prime." To add i. to i., they tacked on a late charge and interest! What?  Screaming my head off, I finally got them to rescind the full charge. I insisted on an e-mail confirmation, which I got.
The good news on the money front is that I finally got a refund from the city for the aborted Getty bus trip in December.  That's thirty bucks--big whoops.
Ugh. Spent half the night in the bathroom.  I think the culprit was the fruit I ate last night--just had too much of it.  I'm okay this morning.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...