Saturday, January 13, 2018

Rolling Thunder

After Kimball, I went home and changed for T.O.P.S. Got there, got weighed, and I'm down another 1.4, for a present weight of 132.2 and a total loss of 48.1. That means I'm now on the cusp of a 50- pound loss, but more importantly for me, nearing my goal of 125 pounds.  It's almost time to plan my strategy for keeping the weight off, but without losing more. As any veteran of this activity knows, what I'm doing now is the easy part.
Anyway, it was a good meeting. Didn't get home and have breakfast until 10:30, but that was okay. I spent the morning, among other chores, chopping three big onions and some peppers, preparing for  my Friday treat: stir-fry turkey with the veggies mentioned.
Called Nancy and we made a tentative date to see Murder on the Orient Express next week. We'll go Tuesday if she doesn't have to get an infusion that day, otherwise change to another day. We'll go to lunch first, of course, and I suggested the newly-renovated Yolanda's.
After lunch, I kept my mammogram appointment. I have no reason to think there will be bad news, but I'm always a little nervous until I get the "all clear" letter.  It doesn't help that I'm reading Elizabeth Edwards' Saving Graces; she died of breast cancer.
After Rolling Oaks Radiology,* I stopped at Cricket to see if they could help my e-mail to update on my phone. They were busy, though, and I didn't stay.  Will go back later if I can't do it. Went from there to town for the usual. Stayed reading at the library for an hour or so, then strolled back under blue skies and sunshine.
I met Don while I was parking my car.  He's going in for double hernia surgery on Wednesday; his sister will take him there. I told him if he needed anything, I'm available.
*That name always strikes me as hysterically funny. I can't help but think of it as "Rolling Thunder," which suggests a motorcycle gang.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...