Thursday, January 04, 2018

Betty And Me

Walked Kimball, then took off for the BCNN meeting.  I acted as greeter at the door, sat with Doris and a new friend, but left before the rather boring program was over.
Yidied up a bit before Betty and Carolyn got here at 12:30.  I had prepared salad, not realizing they had already eaten, but they sad down and had more. Carolyn left after, then I asked Betty if she minded that I had to do laundry. No prob and she had some to contribute, so we went back and forth, washing, drying, and folding. Naturally, we spent most of the day talking and talking.  I missed the afternoon walk, but should get most of that in today. I prepared rock fish, acorn squash, and sauteed porcini  mushrooms, and mixed fruit for dinner, which Betty (and I) enjoyed.
Betty was nervous about getting a boarding pass for her return trip to Jersey; I tried to tell her it wasn't usual to get one until 24 hours before departure; she already had the reservation on her phone. She didn't believe it, so we went on my computer together, then I suggested she call Southwest. She did--and was told she wouldn't get the boarding pass until 24 hours before.
We then sat up talking, me with a glass of wine--well, a few glasses--until 10:30, then it was off to bed. Today, we'll walk Kimball, then go to town, stop in some shops, then meet Nancy and Noreen for lunch at the Paradise Pantry.
It's great fun having my sister here!

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...