Monday, January 15, 2018

Ordinary

Another ordinary, but okay Sunday. Walked Kimball with light clothes, as it was 70 degrees at 7 am.  Did the Sunday crossword over breakfast, then took my several-times-a-week trek to WinCo for this and that.  Lunch, then off to town. There were lots of people there; I assume many were tourists, plus those who just wanted to stroll on Main Street on a summery day (in January!).
I'm now deep into the Edwards saga, which is a lot more complex than I'd realized after reading his late wife's two books.  At the library, I read several chapters of, then took out, The Politician: John Edwards' Pursuit of the Presidency and the Scandal That Brought Him Down, by Andrew Young, his former aide. It's riveting.
Since I left the library before 4:00, I stopped at The Cat's Cradle, found a light robe, and bought it. It was still early, so I drove down to a shop in east Ventura, just to look around. Considered a sweater, but didn't buy it. While I was there, I got a welcome phone call and chatted for fifteen or so.
On the way home, I stopped at Penney's and made an appointment for a color and cut on Tuesday. I hope Nancy will be able to go to lunch and a movie on a different day.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...